Here’s a classic to beat the summer heat; 3 bean salad. Serve it as a side or make a meal of it with some fresh cornbread. The naturally sweet roasted corn, garden fresh tomato and mango counterbalance theheat from the chili peppers. The spices combine with the natural flavors of the vegetables and fruits and the acidity of the tomato and lemon as well as the oil to provide a cohesive dressing for this seasonally fresh beauty!
Doc’s Spicy Sweet Three Bean Treat
- 48 oz mixed beans like red, black and pinto
- 1 ear roasted corn kernels
- 2 roasted poblano peppers, finely diced
- 1 sweet onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, diced
- 1 medium to large garden fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients and mix well.