Prime Rib, Stilton and Roasted Pear Ravioli topped with Porcini and Tarragon AlfredoBy | On Dec 28, 2010
Hhhmmmm….what to do with leftovers? When it was some of our fantastic cedar smoked prime rib roast, the answer was simplicity itself. Add a little Stilton cheese and roasted pear, wrap it all up in a pillowy tender ravioli and top it with a porcini mushroom and tarragon alfredo sauce. In a word, delicious.
- Basic Pasta Dough recipe (off to the right under “Recipes” header)
- Basic Alfredo sauce recipe (see above )
- 8 oz trimmed beef (I used nicely rare leftover prime rib roast)
- 1/2 roasted Bosc pear
- 2-3 oz blue cheese like Stilton
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 oz dried porcini, rehydrated in hot water-liquid reserved)
- 8oz fresh mushroom like cremini
- 2 Tbs fresh tarragon
Allow the cheese to soften and combine the meat (cut into small bits), lemon zest and the cheese. To roast the pear, remove the core and lightly (~1/2 tsp) top with some demerara sugar. Cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Allow to cool, remove the skin and finely chop 1/2 pear. Add that to the meat mixture. Use this to fill the raviolis. Add the reserved liquid from the rehydrated mushrooms to the water to cook the pasta. Fold in the mushrooms and tarrgon into the alfredo sauce.